About Leelanau Conservation District: Check out our video!
About the LCD
Click on the cover below to download our spring 2021 newsletter!
The Leelanau Conservation District was organized in 1943 by a petition to the state of over 600 landowners. The District works closely with Federal, State and local agencies and organizations to promote the wise use of our natural resources through information and technical assistance to the landowners and users of Leelanau County. The Conservation District is administered by five locally elected board members.
• Natural Resource Site Visits
• County Soil Erosion Permits
• Forestry Assistance & Referrals
• Plant, Insect & Disease Identification
• No-Till Drill Rental
• Spring Tree Seedling & Shrub Sale
• Native Wildflower Sale
• Fall Conifer Seedling Sale
• 5th Grade Conservation Field Day
• Michigan Envirothon Support
• Workshops & Demonstrations